Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tracking the behavior of you and your child

Ever since my son was little I have kept a journal. Initially it was started so I would be able to remember when he did all his firsts and other funny things. It has progressed now to my tracking device. I still write down all the funny things that he does because I don't want to forget them. However, I also began writing down the struggles with parenting, with discipline, with losing your identity as a person other than mommy. I started out writing these things as a way to vent. Instead it has ended up being so much more. It has become a way for me to look back and track patterns of behavior for both of us. In looking back at the pages I can see both of our reactions and even things that keep coming back around. I am a little thick, but I am hoping that this will lead to me learning from my mistakes and planning accordingly.
I also got the idea that I should start writing this stuff down and perhaps it would help other mommies and daddies. I know I can not be the only one that struggles with the right way to be an effective parent. With that said I am going to write the good, the bad, and the ugly on this blog and try to keep it up on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment