Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School 2012


I can't believe we are in school again. Where did the summer go? 


And look at how much they have grown in a year!! Too bad I didn't think to put Brooke in the picture last year. She has really grown! There was no way I was keeping her out of the picture today!

So I'm super excited about this year! What a difference a year makes. I can see a huge difference in Brylee this year already and even though Brooke is into things like crazy, it's not my first rodeo anymore. Rissa is gettin some skills! J/k



We started out the morning with a yummy sugary breakfast from Pioneer Woman. Yea! Since I'm the only one to pay for the sugar hype.......why not. First days don't happen every day. 

Next: we got to look at our new stuff......
















I'm not sure who was more excited. There is something fresh and new about the first day. Something exciting about it, no matter where you attend.







So, after that we did some work. I decided that this week is going to be a boot camp of sorts for us. So while there is some work involved, my focus this week is helping them remember where their stuff goes and putting it back after they are finished using it. Bodie and Brylee are big enough to do this and it helps me out so much.

Here we are working....




 
Seeing this picture I realize we lost a shirt somewhere along the way. Have no idea....


Another focus for this year........relax. I have been listening to a homeschool superheros series, many from seasoned homeschoolers. Over and over they say the one thing they would change is to relax more. It is so hard to do because if your child doesn't excel at something it's easy to blame yourself. It's silly really, yet so easy to be hard on yourself. So......deep breath.......RELAX.





And later........Brylee had her first dance class. I'm so excited for her because she has been wanting to do this. She had a great time. I wish I could have sat in and watched, but of course that is way too distracting for a four year old. 

After that we went to a Not Back To School party at the sprinkler park in Leander because well, we homeschool and we can do that. A chance to have some fun on the first day of school with some of our friends as well. I met some new ladies that understand the struggles and snuggles of homeschooling. 

It was an awesome first day........and I am looking forward to this year and all the fun things we learn this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment