Saturday, September 29, 2012

Preschoolers, Meltdowns, and more school stuff.

Can I just say Wow! Wow what a weekend. Just when you start relaxing and let your guard down a little regarding your child's behavior, the bomb is dropped. Oh how I hate those rotten wayward bombs you didn't see coming. They are the worst.
 I have always said the threes are more challanging than the twos. I've never had terrible twos, it's terrible threes.  I guess we can extend that into the terrible fours, but I am really hoping that is the last we see of what we call my daughter's evil twin. 
 This weekend Nana and Papa were in town and Nana took us to the movies. When we left the movies Brylee had the biggest fit I've ever seen all because she had to put those 3D glasses in the recycle bin. In retrospect I probably should not have made such a big deal out of it, but how could I have known the drama that would follow. I have to say I really am surprised no one accused me of kidnapping my own child, such a magnificent display of outburst and indignity warrented. With cheeks that were certainly glowing, I managed to make it back to my car with my child protesting all the way. I was thankful Nana was there to keep an eye on the other two, not sure how that would have played out had I been alone. So I just wanted to give a shout out to other moms. In that moment when your child does the unthinkable, remember you are not alone! All in all it was an interesting adventure and I might have been forced to take some sips of a margarita at the end of that day and I'm pretty sure Nana did as well!
 On to our school adventures...   we did  G for garden a couple of weeks ago. We planted some new seeds in our garden and actually got it fenced all the way around so the chickens would not eat the peppers and tomatoes. Our seeds are up and it is cute to see Brylee checking on the new things every day.
We learned a lot about seeds. We examined how they feel, their sizes, talked about what makes them grow. Then we went in our front yard and looked at plants that were already grown. We talked about how plants help bugs and other creatures by providing food and shelter for them. Then we saw the coolest thing...

A Hummingbird Moth!!! I had heard of them,but never seen one. This little guy was quite busy and was not bothered by our presence at all.
Of course the monarch butterfly was really pretty too but I think all of us thought the hummingbird moth was especially cool.
This was also the day we collected grass and leaves for our creation book.

A long those same lines, Bodie's science is all about marine animals. He has been working on an ocean box. Each chapter he completes he adds those new things that he learned about to his box.

He's having a lot of fun with this and it will be a great way to remember everything he learned about in science this year.














Meanwhile..... Brooklyn stacks cans.

Plays with puzzles...











Puts pom poms in holes....
And joins sister in dressing up magnet dolls.




Meltdowns, play, and a little school too, just a day in the life for a preschooler!




No Ordinary Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you about the threes! My two year olds were rather well behaved but when they each reached 3, wow! I didn't know what hit me. Thanks for linking up with us at No Ordinary Blog Hop. I hope this week is smooth sailing. Every blessing, Kelly

    ReplyDelete