Monday, September 13, 2010

What Do I Do With All These Leftovers?

So today I was trying to figure out what to fix for supper, lamenting over all the left overs in our fridge, and knowing that none of it really sounded good to me.  I suddenly remembered that I have a freezer.

I cook a lot really. Yes, sometimes we have hamburger helper, sometimes Glenn cooks, but over all I try to fix supper on a regular basis. I even have this great cookbook I got from Flylady.net called Saving Dinner. The problem is that all the recipes are for six people. That doesn't sound like all that much, but we usually have tons of food left over. 

Let's face it you can only eat the same meal so many days in a row before tiring of it so we have a lot of wasted food. Today I was looking at all this spaghetti I made the other day and thinking if we don't eat this soon it is going to be wasted.

Now why haven't I already frozen that? I have no idea. If I was better about freezing things then I would have more choices when I needed something fast to fix. Duh.

I don't write this blog so people can realize how slow I am really. I write it so if there are other people who struggle with the same things, they can realize they are not alone!!!

So if there is anyone out there reading this that has great tips on best freezer containers or ways to freeze foods please send tips! I should have been all ears when my mom tried to teach me these things, but believe me I am all ears now!

No comments:

Post a Comment